Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Wonderworld Shape Sorter

This month we reviewed the Wonderworld Waggy Garden Shape Sorter.  This is not my first shape sorter, my son had several when he was a toddler. Some we still have minus a few pieces. However, I honestly absolutely love this Wonderworld shape sorter. I think it is really cute, super easy to use, and a toy that is so well made it will be able to grow with my toddler.




This shape sorter is rated 18 months and up. Princess P is 16 months old, and our special needs sweetheart. She sustained a birth injury and had a rough first year, so we are always looking for great developmental toys that will grow with her. Even at 16 months old she truly enjoyed this toy, and from a therapeutic perspective it addresses many areas of development. 

The cuteness factor is also an important one, I mean tiny little bugs? So very cute. I think this is definitely the best looking shape sorter out there. You have a bee triangle, a ladybug square, a snail half circle and a caterpillar circle. 



My favorite feature is the elastic bands on the bottom of the sorter, a perfect way to remove the shapes, even accessible to little hands. 




P hasn't quite gotten the idea yet, and kept trying to get the shapes out through the sides. :) 




Big brother Q just had to get in on the fun, taking pride in showing P something he had mastered. 






even the taste test passed muster

Another great feature is the little bugs on the side of the sorter that live on a zig zag track. P loved playing with them, and they are great for refining fine motor skills!




The Wonderworld Waggy Garden Nature Themed Shape Discovery and Play set is available at Toys and Games Online for $23.00. (a 23% savings over SRP) I would recommend this toy for any toddler, from 12-36 months. 

Toys and Games Online has generously agreed to a $25 give away! Go to their site and pick your favorite toddler toy, and mention it in the comments. We will draw a winner in a week. Good luck!


5 comments:

Venus Mandy said...

Wow great toy!

If I had to pick one right now it would be the Bilibo Play Shell, http://www.toysandgamesonline.com/Bilibo-30018-BIL1002.html

My almost two year old loves wearing it on her head or just sitting in it and spinning around. Hours of fun and there is no limit on what she can use it for.

Pamela- said...

oh my god, i was looking at that for my daughter ilani! my favorite thing is actually that very toy!
"Wonderworld Waggy Garden Nature Themed Shape Discovery and Play set"
:)
ecodelight(at)gmail(dot)com

julie said...

I'm all about the Melissa and Doug magnetic wooden alphabet, personally. It's a looooong time before a kid outgrows a moveable alphabet!

SchrefflerFamily said...

I am loving the 2-sided playmats.

Especially this one for a construction zone
http://www.toysandgamesonline.com/Neat-Oh!-A1341X2-NOH1007.html

pampers coupons said...

This is my Good luck that I found your post. i was looking at that for my daughter my favorite thing is actually that very toy!